I’m more than willing to give credit to leftists who come up with clever political satire.
So when Sarah Silverman put together a pro-gun control video mocking the idea of a “black NRA,” I was prepared to laugh.
Having watched it, you can put me in the underwhelmed category. My computer skills are deficient and I only know how to embed YouTube videos, so you’ll have to click here if you want to watch her full video, but here’s a video from Carl Jackson that includes some of what Silverman did along a very effective response.
My reaction, for what it’s worth, is that Silverman is very attractive so it’s a shame she’s a leftist (my attitude about Stephanie Cutter as well). But on a more substantive level,
1. It’s almost laughable that a multi-millionaire like Silverman, who doubtlessly lives in a very safe area and almost surely relies on armed private security, wants to restrict the gun rights of ordinary Americans.
2. Do Silverman and the other characters in the video really think that criminals are impacted by gun control laws? Do they have enough sense to understand that the bad guys prefer when law-abiding people are disarmed?
But enough about my reactions. Here’s a very good video response from PJ Media.
If you want more videos on the general topic of gun control, here are some of my favorites.
- Ted Nugent talking about gun ownership and the right of self defense.
- A look at Switzerland’s strong gun culture and the importance of self defense as a protection against oppression.
- And some very powerful testimony to some weasels on Capitol Hill (make sure to pay attention around the 5:00 mark).
- Ice-T talking about the real reason to defend and support the 2nd Amendment.
- A Reason TV video with five facts for Vice President Biden’s task force.
- A look at how a young woman can defend herself.
- A 15-year old speaking truth to power.
And if you want gun control videos that are both funny and on the right side, here’s my collection.
- A revealing look at how leftists think about gun control.
- A heartwarming adoption story.
- An amusing cartoon conversation between an anti-gun ideologue and a supporter of the Constitution.
- Joe Biden’s self-defense advice.
Since this post is about blacks and gun control, let’s close with a link to what Thomas Sowell has to say about the topic.