There are several reasons why I’m glad that there are Europeans.
From a serious perspective, the decentralized and competitive states of Europe gave us great gifts such as the rule of law, the enlightenment, and the industrial revolution.
And from a comedic perspective, it’s generally still okay to make fun of Europeans – even if it (gasp!) involves stereotypes.
- Such as this cartoon involving Greece.
- And this terrorism-alert humor from the U.K.
- The French get mocked in this cartoon.
- Here’s a video showing that Der Fuehrer is unhappy about the downgrade.
- We have some very funny maps showing how various countries view their European counterparts.
- And, for those who like dark humor, this list of European leaders denying that the fiscal crisis will spread.
Now we can add this video, showing the challenges of a transnational couple, to the list.
If you want a serious video about the fiscal mess in Europe, here’s one narrated by an Italian woman.
And here’s another video about the European crisis. I don’t agree with some of the conclusions, but it’s quite clever.