I asked yesterday for readers to weigh in on why they support (or don’t support) the Second Amendment. The poll is getting lots of responses, though some folks have complained that I should have included more answers, such as “To protect the rights of hunters.”
And I even had a few left-wing friends tell me I should have included more options for them, such as “The Second Amendment doesn’t mean military-style weapons” or “The Second Amendment doesn’t guarantee individual gun ownership.”
Speaking of our friends on the left, Vice President Joe Biden is overseeing an Administration effort to concoct new gun laws. In the interests of being helpful, I suggest the Veep’s team look at these four videos.
- Ted Nugent talking about gun ownership and the right of self defense.
- A look at the Switzerland’s strong gun culture and the importance of self defense as a protection against oppression.
- And some very powerful testimony to some weasels on Capitol Hill (make sure to pay attention around the 5:00 mark).
- Ice-T talking about the real reason to defend and support the 2nd Amendment.
We also have a brand new video from the folks at Reason TV. It provides five facts for Biden and his task force.
For some reason, I won’t be surprised if the Vice President doesn’t see this new video. Or any of the others.
Yes, you can call me a pessimist, but I think Biden’s task force has no interest in doing real research.
Their goal is to figure out (from the left’s perspective) politically feasible ways of undermining the Constitution.
So let’s gird our loins, which sounds like it might be fun, but it simply means prepare for a fight.
But, unlike the statists, we’re not humorless drones. So let’s enjoy some humorous gun control videos to put ourselves in the right frame of mind.
- A revealing look at how leftists think about gun control.
- A heartwarming adoption story.
- An amusing cartoon conversation between an anti-gun ideologue and a supporter of the Constitution.
- This Christmas greeting from the Second Amendment.
P.S. Don’t forget you can still cast a vote to explain why you support the Second Amendment.