Over the past few years, I’ve shared a handful of images that capture the essence of government.
- Like this t-shirt that shows the proper definition of patriotism.
- And this cover of the Economist magazine.
- A Michael Moore t-shirt about capitalism getting blamed for problems caused by government.
- Or this description of the ruling class in Washington.
- How about this poster showing how government operates.
- Last but not least, I should have included this image when making the two-wolves-one-sheep warning about democracy in these posts about statism in Europe and the value of tax havens.
Now I have something new to add to the list – an image showing the evolution of government.
I’m not quite sure what the next-to-last image is supposed to specifically convey, but the clear message throughout is that government means coercion.
And that coercion doesn’t become legitimate merely because 51 percent of the population decides to plunder 49 percent of the population.
Which is perfectly shown by the final image, which accurately portrays today’s system of government and the IRS.