Posted in Humor, Jobs, Obama, Political Humor, Unemployment, tagged Humor, Jobs, Obama, Political Humor, Unemployment on August 3, 2011|
6 Comments »
There are several possible responses to the news that President Obama once again wants to focus on job creation. What’s your favorite?
1. Hasn’t he punished us enough already?
2. Didn’t “recovery summer” solve that problem?
3. I thought we already “created or saved” millions of jobs?
4. See picture.
5. Didn’t Clint Eastwood say “A man’s gotta know his limitations.”?
6. Can I be a bureaucrat and get overpaid for doing nothing?
7. WTF, OMG, LMAO!
8. If we do another stimulus, can I take a turn flushing the money?
9. Is this why we keep pushing higher tax rates?
And just in case we don’t realize the President’s commitment to this task, here’s a short new video.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Big Government, Economics, Humor, Obama, Political Humor, Welfare State, tagged Big Government, Economics, Fiscal Crisis, Humor, Obama, Political Humor, Welfare State on August 3, 2011|
6 Comments »
Okay, “collapsing” is a big exaggeration, but we’re heading in the wrong direction and we know really bad things will happen if we don’t reverse course.
But the crowd in Washington has – at best – tapped on the brakes so we’re perhaps going the wrong way at a slightly slower rate of speed.
My pessimism has been reinforced by all the conversations I’ve been having while in New York City for meetings. In short, the folks on Wall Street think the chickens of the big-government era have finally come home to roost. Europe is in deep trouble, Japan is permanently stagnant, and the United States isn’t far behind.
So let’s be responsible adults and….put all this bad news out of our minds and enjoy some humor.
Here’s a cartoon that is rather appropriate since Obama, Biden, and the other leftists seem pre-programmed to assert that anyone who wants to avert fiscal collapse is a “terrorist” or “extremist.”
Here’s one from Jay Leno that could be interpreted as an amusing summary of my CNN column discussed yesterday.
- We finally have a debt deal. See what happens when the two parties put aside their principles and do what is best for them personally?
And here are a few other Leno jokes, including one that should make the Tea Party happy and another on the economy.
- President Obama changed his slogan from “Yes we can,” to “Yes we cave.”
- The unemployment rate in Mexico is so low that illegal immigrants are sneaking back into Mexico. Obama has solved the illegal immigration problem.
- It may be time for a woman president. At least a woman would stop and ask for directions.
- According to a poll, 77 percent of Americans blame Republican leaders for the coming default and 58 percent blame President Obama. There’s the problem: That makes 135 percent. How can we solve the debt if we can’t add up the poll numbers?
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was rushed to the hospital when he felt he couldn’t breathe. Doctors said the condition is called “living in New Jersey.
Here’s Conan on the economy.
- Oprah Winfrey announced plans to return to television with a new show. That’s how bad things are in this country — even Oprah has run out of money.
- The government is just a few days from running out of money to pay their bills. The latest plan is to see how much cash they can get for John McCain on “Antiques Roadshow.”
- Thirty-three soldiers from the Mexican army were allowed to return home after accidentally crossing the border into the United States. That’s how bad things are. People are only crossing the border accidentally.
- According to a recent survey, kids are receiving an average of 40 cents less from the tooth fairy. That’s right, the economy is so bad that even make-believe people are feeling the pinch.
Read Full Post »