Even though I’m first and foremost an advocate of limited government and that’s the primary focus of this blog, I’m also glad to have the opportunity to promote the right of free people to keep and bear arms.
And readers seem to agree. The 4th-most viewed post of all time is the famous dictators-for-gun-control poster, while this satirical video is the 11th-most viewed (other Second Amendment-related posts in the top 16 can be seen here, here, and here, with the last one being quite relevant considering what’s going to happen on Monday).
It’s a matter of taste, of course, but I actually prefer videos. Here are some of my favorites.
- Ted Nugent talking about gun ownership and the right of self defense.
- A look at the Switzerland’s strong gun culture and the importance of self defense as a protection against oppression.
- And some very powerful testimony to some weasels on Capitol Hill (make sure to pay attention around the 5:00 mark).
- Ice-T talking about the real reason to defend and support the 2nd Amendment.
- A Reason TV video with five facts for Vice President Biden’s task force.
Now I have a new one to add to the list. As you watch this video, imagine this is your daughter (or my daughter!). In this situation, would you want her armed?
The answer to my rhetorical query is obvious. Or at least it should be obvious.
And I think there’s at least one honest leftist who would give the right response.
Guns enable the weak and defenseless to protect themselves, as explained in this letter-to-the-editor. I don’t know if the letter is real, but the points it makes are accurate.
Let’s close with a few humorous videos on gun rights.
- A heartwarming adoption story.
- An amusing cartoon conversation between an anti-gun ideologue and a supporter of the Constitution.
- This Christmas greeting from the Second Amendment.
But if you like posters, bumper stickers, t-shirts, and other images, then here’s a post you’ll enjoy.
And don’t forget there’s still time to cast a vote for why you think the Second Amendment is worth defending.