Because of their well-known kindness and generosity of spirit, our wonderful friends at the IRS are letting us wait until Monday before filing our tax returns (or tax extensions, for those of us love to postpone misery).
So let’s have a fun weekend returning the love and affection.
We’ll start with a top-10 list from Letterman. It’s not quite as clever or funny as I would hope, but still worth sharing.
10. IRS deadlines are just suggestions. File your taxes whenever you want.
9. Warlocks may not claim trolls as dependents.
8. Make filing more personable by naming your calculator. Mine is named “Owen.”
7. Make sure your accountant went to a real school and not a phony Internet college like I did.
6. H Block: Good guy, R Block: complete greaseball.
5. Getting a refund? Log on to IRS.gov to spin the wheel and play “double or nothing”.
4. If you don’t remember your Social Security number, make one up.
3. Do not use Wesley Snipes’ accountant.
2. Not really a tax tip, but accountants are wild in the sack.
1. Take it from me, prison’s not so bad.